Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

Can I use OTC product comparable to Elocon Mometasone

Customer Question
Hello , can I...

Hello , can I use OTC product comparable to Elocon Mometasone Furoate cream 0.1% for shingles??

Doctor's Assistant: What over-the-counter and prescription medications are you currently taking?

None

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have high cholestrol

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
10/3/2017
Pharmacist: Dr. Sone, Pharm.D. replied 10 months ago
Dr. Sone
Dr. Sone, Pharm.D.
You sure can. Hydrocortisone 1% would be the one closest to Elocon.
They are both from the same family and work the same way.
Please ask any other questions you might still have. If have no further questions, then please kindly click on ACCEPT the answer for me to get credit for helping you.
Feel free to come back with any questions you have in the future.
Take care.
Please ask any other questions you might still have. If no further questions, then please kindly click on ACCEPT the answer for me to get credit for helping you.
You still have 7 days after your initial question to come back with any questions you have without having to pay extra. Take care.