Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

Iam detoxing from amitriptyline iam down to 10mg taken once…

Customer Question
Iam detoxing from amitriptyline...

Iam detoxing from amitriptyline iam down to 10mg taken once a day at bed time will I have hot flashes should I take something else tohelp me sleep

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Amitriptyline 10mg tab Sandoz 1 a day for I month

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Have been trying to detox since june 16 2017

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
10/2/2017
Pharmacist: Dr. Sone, Pharm.D. replied 8 months ago
Dr. Sone
Dr. Sone, Pharm.D.
You will be just fine as you are down to the lowest dose of amitriptyline. If you try something else for sleep, and have hot flashes, you can still take it a half a tablet or whole till you are fully off of it.
Please ask any other questions you might still have. If have no further questions, then please kindly click on ACCEPT the answer for me to get credit for helping you.
Feel free to come back with any questions you have in the future.
Take care.