Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

I am 50 and going through menopause. I cant sleep, night…

Customer Question
I am 50 and...

I am 50 and going through menopause. I cant sleep, night sweats, constant thirst at night, and significant weight gain. I know I need to exercise but I don't. Can you help?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes but she isn't much help. I take diovan for high blood pressure, an antacid that I forget the name of and imitrex as needed for migraines. I did have a prescription for contrave for the weight gain but it doesn't help either. I took it for 2 months with no success and it is too expensive for the results

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I take 25mg of diovan and an antacid that starts with an O. I think it is like prilosec

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I can think of right now.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
9/27/2017
Pharmacist: Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist replied 10 months ago
Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience: Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.

Thanks for your question! You're speaking with Dr. Bridget. I appreciate your patience as I review your question and prepare my response.

Hi! Do you currently have a Gynecologist?

Ok, good. Has that doctor checked your estrogen and progesterone levels recently?