Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

My mother is on a prednisone burst for psoriatic arthritis.

Customer Question
She has been on two...
My mother is on a prednisone burst for psoriatic arthritis. She has been on two bursts within a month due to her pain levels from not handling her biologic shot well (reaction). Since she has been on the bursts or anytime she is on any type of prednisone she gets panic like attacks. The problem is I ask her what is wrong and she can't find the words. Today she has an attack and I asked her what was wrong and she said "we don't have any rails in the bag." She was trying to find the words for straw and she just couldn't come up with it during the attack. They only last a minute and then she is fine, but she is never able to explain how she is feeling. Her blood work was wonderful, and her blood pressure is great, so I'm at a loss as to what is causing this. They scare me. She doesn't have heart palpitations, sweating, loss of function at all, tingling or numbness anywhere,. Basically it's just a scary minute of not being able to find words, and being very anxious. She recently got of off cimzia because of a reaction after two shots.
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
9/20/2017
Pharmacist: Dr. Jonathan Yilmaz, Pharmacist replied 9 months ago
Dr. Jonathan Yilmaz
Hi there. You are speaking with Dr Jonathan. How old is your mother? And what other medical conditions does she have?