Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

Does lamictal cause kidney or liver damage. I was given

Customer Question
Does lamictal cause kidney...

Does lamictal cause kidney or liver damage. I was given lamictal for 2 yrs for bipolar but belive I am adhd and was misdiagnoised

Doctor's Assistant: What over-the-counter and prescription medications are you currently taking?

Long story I was percribed lamisal for toe funges and was hospitalised for kidney and liver problems 2 weeks ago. I got 4 or 5 side effects from this drug.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I was very healthy until diagnoised bipolar in 2010 and took those meds for 3 yrs.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

They kept changing my meds but mostly i was on lamictal and rispadol. My youngest son was latter diagnoised adhd and takes meds for it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
9/19/2017
Pharmacist: Dr. Sone, Pharm.D. replied 8 months ago
Dr. Sone
Dr. Sone, Pharm.D.
Lamictal does not, but Lamisil can cause liver damage.
Lamictal can raise liver enzymes with high doses, but liver damage or kidney damage would not be one of the common side effects
If have no further questions, then please kindly click on ACCEPT the answer for me to get credit for helping you.
Feel free to come back with any questions you have in the future.
Dr. Sone
Dr. Sone
Dr. Sone, Pharm.D.