Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

I don't have health insurance, and I was wondering if there…

Customer Question
I don't have health...

I don't have health insurance, and I was wondering if there was anyway to get an ADD consultation / diagnosis online?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I was diagnosed when I was younger but my parents decided that they didn't think it was a real thing. I'm on 125mcg of Levothyroxine for my Hypothyroidism

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I've delt with depression and anxiety most of my life. I've been on Paxil once and Prozac twice and they didn't really do much for me except make me super apathetic. I tried celxa for axiety once and it made me way more anxious. I can't remember a time in my life that I wasn't extremely overwhelmed by a sence that everyone i know is more capable at life than I am.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
9/19/2017
Pharmacist: Dr. Sone, Pharm.D. replied 11 months ago
Dr. Sone
Dr. Sone, Pharm.D.
sorry to hear what you are going through. There are limited options available OTC, but they are not as effective as the prescription medications.
I would try St. John's Wort for anxiety and depression until you get your insurance.
are there any options for my ADD?
A product called Concentration Essentials has really good reviews. Your can buy it on Amazon. Don't use it when you have your insurance and the doctor prescribed Ritalin or Adderall.
Hope this answers your question to your satisfaction. If so, then please kindly ACCEPT the answer for me to get credit for helping you.
Feel free to come back with any questions you have in the future.
Take care.