Dr. Sone
Dr. Sone, Pharm.D.
Experience:  Pharmacist
92765638

I take Metroprolol Tartrate 100 mgs. twice daily. If I miss

Customer Question

I take Metroprolol Tartrate 100 mgs. twice daily. If I miss a dose, would I Get a heartburn feeling?. Or if I did take it on time would I get the same feeling?
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: None that I know of
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No, I just take some OTC things. I have been on the metoprolol for a few weeks now. My cardiologist and my PCP are at odds as to how much I should be taking
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Sone replied 1 month ago.
Metoprolol can cause heartburn for some people. I suggest taking it with food to avoid that problem. If it continues, then take Zantac 30 min before or ask doc to switch to something else.
Expert:  Dr. Sone replied 1 month ago.
Just checking back to ensure you had any luck with taking the medication with food.
If this answers your question, then please kindly ACCEPT the answer for me to get credit for helping you.
Feel free to come back with any questions you have in the future.
Take care.