Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

Can I use amoxicillin to treat possible first stage? I

Customer Question
Can I use amoxicillin...

Can I use amoxicillin to treat possible first stage syphilis? I played with a woman vagina? Am I at risk

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No. It just happened

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing at all. The only sexual contact was my finger on the vagina

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
9/11/2017
Pharmacist: Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist replied 11 months ago
Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience: Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.

Thanks for your question! You're speaking with Dr. Bridget. I appreciate your patience as I review your question and prepare my response.

Syphillis is only spread via mucus membrane contact with an infected person's syphillis sores. This would only be through vaginal, anal or oral sex. Simply touching the sore with your intact finger would not spread it to you.