Dr Mike, PharmD
Dr Mike, PharmD, Pharmacist
Experience:  Doctor of Pharmacy, 20+ yrs experience, trained at the University of Iowa
38494804

I take glaucoma eye drops.i normally take latanoprost last

I take glaucoma eye drops.i normally take latanoprost last before I go to bed.that's after I take dorzolamide- timolol.today I took the latanprost first
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: I need to know if it is safe to now take the dorzolamide-timolol and the alphagan before i go to bed.because my nurse told me to always take the latanprost last
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sorry but i need to go to bed .and i need this answer.i know your busy but please, can you send it within 5 mins.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
get me another pharmasist if you can i've got 10 mins more to take my drops.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
all I want to know if i can still take my dorzolamide-timolol and my alphagan. that's all.

Hello...DrMike at your assist. I realize this is a late answer for you, and I apologize for that, but I am the first pharmacist to see your question for the day.
This doesn't ofcourse help you out for last night, but it is safe to take them, yes.

To be honest, I see no reason to take the latanaprost necessarily last (except maybe for memory purposes - if you always take one last, then you'll know you've already taken the first one). What is important, is to wait at least 5 minutes between the two medications. This allows for the first to be absorbed and not washed out by the second.
Again, I apologize that I or any of my colleagues did not get to you sooner. -DrMike