Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

I am filling PECOS application for a community pharmacy

roster billing for vaccines, and...
I am filling PECOS application for a community pharmacy roster billing for vaccines, and I wonder if I have to fill this form called: CMS 460. which says in it's explanation below: (I want to know if I can just decline filling it if I just want to bill for vaccine adminstration as a pharmacist.: This topic requests information to determine if the applicant agrees to accept assignment for all covered services provided to Medicare patients. Collapse (more information about PAR Status)This information is used by the claims system for billing Medicare services. The CMS-460 form must be completed, signed, and received by the Medicare fee-for-service contractor if accepting assignment.
9/9/2017
Dr. Sone
Dr. Sone, Pharm.D.
You don't need to if you will just be booking for vaccination.
When would I need it then?
It is basically Medicare Part-B services provided by physicians
This is what is on page 2 of the form:
If you bill for physicians’ professional services, services and supplies provided incident to physicians’ professional
services, outpatient physical and occupational therapy services, diagnostic tests, or radiology services, your
Medicare fee schedule amounts are 5 percent higher if you participate. Also, providers receive direct and
timely reimbursement from Medicare.
Dr. Sone
Dr. Sone, Pharm.D.
Oh that's great! Thank you
Sorry one more question in this form of you can help me : form CMS -588. It says to E Sign but no e sign page opened. Do you think I can just upload it online after filling it?
Oh it says I can't upload them. I will look for the e sign page then
You should be able to sign online. Be sure you are using the correct browser
Ok I will look for it
Thanks