Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

Can Percoset and tramadol be taken together? Is that safe?

Customer Question
Can Percoset and tramadol...

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

My Mother in Law is taking Percocet and she has run out. Her doctor is trying to wean her off of the Percocet and she is in extreme pain now. She has Tramadol and wants to take it but I am not sure she should. She has an appointment Monday at 9:50, but is not sure she can handle the pain until then, and she doesn't want to go to the hospital. She is 91 years old, has been on Percoset for a couple of years now. She also has the low dose Fentinil patch she reapplies every 3 days.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

It's not me, it is my mother in law. She has been in pain for years. She has a degenerative back disorder. She has a burning and sharp pain constantly in her lower back and down her legs.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
9/9/2017
Pharmacist: Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist replied 11 months ago
Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience: Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.
Hi! I'm Dr. Bridget.
When was her last dose of Percocet?
Thursday morning.
I don't have $50.00 to call you. I'm sorry. I will check with another pharmacist.
Thanks for clarifying.
Taking Tramadol at this time will be no problem at all. No safety issues there.
Do you have any further questions?
Don't worry about the phone call...the site automatically offers it. We can continue online.