Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

I take labetolol for blood pressure and my blood pressure…

Customer Question
I take labetolol for...

I take labetolol for blood pressure and my blood pressure was 147 over 105 but my heart rate was 55. Was that okay to take?

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Well I have anxiety and depression so it varies. I also took my citalopram with it. I've just never take the lebatolol when my heartbeat as been so low before

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had problems with drinking but that was last Saturday when I stopped.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
9/7/2017
Pharmacist: Dr. C. Rollins, Pharm. D. replied 11 months ago
Dr. C. Rollins
Dr. C. Rollins, Pharm. D.
Your heart rate is ok as long as it stays above 40. You need to monitor it and see if it drops below 40 have someone take you to urgent care. Hopefully this fully answers your question once satisfied please rate my answer thanks
Pharmacist: Guy Sleipnes, Pharmacist replied 11 months ago
Guy Sleipnes
Guy Sleipnes, Pharmacist

How long have you been on labetolol. It may take up to two weeks to see effect. Should abstain form alcohol use. Watch your heart rate. What dosage of labetolol are you on. Dr may want to increase dosage since your BP is still high. Sometimes they add a diuretic. Watch for dizziness and shortness of breath. Read your patient information carefully especially interactions. Is this the only BP medication doctor has tried? Sometimes takes several trials on different ones to avoid some side effects and to be really effective. Watch that heart rate. I would consider seeing doctor to discuss changing medication.BP should be lower especially the bottom number. Please take time to rate my answers. Hope I have been helpful

I've been on it for about 4 months and I've tried hydrochlorozide and I take that now with the lebatolol. Yeah I see her in Monday and I've been trying to control my bp for 8 months now and it's very hard.

That's good you are able to get into see the doctor relatively soon. I also have high blood pressure (had for over 10 yrs). Control is most important. Hope you have cut your salt intake and check labels on foods. Whatever you can cut out the better. Hang in there . I Know what you are going through. Looks like you are monitoring your BP. Hope all goes well with the doctor. Surely maybe a drug change will benefit your control. It does take some time to work out the right combination of drugs. Hope my reply will assist you and give you some ideas what to discuss with your physician. Please take time to rate my answers. Best of luck at your doctor visit on Monday.

If you need any further assistance with you question please let me know. At your convenience please rate my answer. Thanks.