Pharmacy

Pharmacy Questions? Ask a Pharmacist Online.

Pharmacy

I have a question about a possible adverse reaction to

Customer Question
Dear Sir/Madam, I have a...
Dear Sir/Madam, I have a question about a possible adverse reaction to Stugeron (cinnarizine), please. My daughter (dob 27/10/05) became unwell three weeks ago with what we thought, at the time, was a stomach virus, as her brother had had one not long before this. Her symptoms started the morning after taking one stugeron tablet for a long car journey. She had never taken this before, but as she suffers from quite severe travel sickness, we thought we would try it. She had severe diarrhoea for a couple of hours and it then stopped. For the next couple of weeks she felt fairly fine in herself, but there was constantly mucus in her stools. We completely cut back her diet to very bland foods and things seemed to settle, although her stools were still loose compared to what is 'normal' for her. But she was only going once a day and felt 'done' for the rest of the day. Last weekend we had another long car journey and so she took another Stugeron tablet and today, 3.5 days later, the diarrhoea has started again, so we feel we are back to square one. My question is whether this could possibly be a reaction to the cinnarizine? She had a stool sample investigated last week (before of the continuing mucus) and this came back negative. Thank you very much for your assistance in advance.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/6/2017
Pharmacist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 5 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

still need help?

Drugdad
Drugdad
Drugdad, Pharmacist