Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

I had alcohol at 10pm last night, I want to start taking my…

Customer Question
I had alcohol at...

I had alcohol at 10pm last night, I want to start taking my dilauid again today beacause of back and leg pain from my surgery. I do not plan on having anymore alcohol. Is it okay to start taking my dilauaid again?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

The nerves are taking a long time to heal and I think I am just doing too much and the pain is back after the surgery.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My doctor knows everything. I have asthma and COPD and take a maintance medicine everyday and they are both under control. I am just wondering about taking my pain meds again after cocktails last night.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
8/7/2017
Pharmacist: Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist replied 11 months ago
Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience: Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.

Thanks for your question! You're speaking with Dr. Bridget. I appreciate your patience as I review your question and prepare my response.

Hi! Yes, it is safe to take your Dilaudid at this point. The alcohol has been metabolized so there is no risk of interactions with Dilaudid today.

Do you have any further concerns? I am happy to help:)