Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

Does prednisone cause hair to not curl. I have always let my…

Customer Question
Does prednisone cause hair...

Does prednisone cause hair to not curl. I have always let my hair dry natural. I am on my second round of steroids and now my hair does not want to curl natural

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes I am seeing three doctors.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am having a bad reaction to Botox injections that were given for Migraines. I was told I was over medicated and that all the fluid has settled in my eyes.

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?

That is one of the doctors that I have recently seen. My eyesight is fine other than the fact that my eyes are so swollen that I can barely see.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
8/6/2017
Pharmacist: Dr. Sone, Pharm.D. replied 9 months ago
Dr. Sone
Dr. Sone, Pharm.D.
Hi there,
That is not a typical side effect of Prednisone, but rather a rare one that is affecting you. Once done with Prednisone, it should go back to where your hair can be curled. I would wait a few days after all done with Prednisone. Hope this helps. Please let me know if have other questions :)
Some patients did report Prednisone made their hair thinner and straight, and it usually is curly and a lot thicker.
Dr. Sone
Dr. Sone
Dr. Sone, Pharm.D.