Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience:  Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.
89476429

Need yo know the potential interactions of taking two drugs

Customer Question

Hello
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: need yo know the potential interactions of taking two drugs together. Am getting different responses and it is concerning to me
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes. I take one 20mg aciphex each morning and now my dermatologist wants to put me on 600 mg rifampin
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Aciphex 20mg, Tylenol when neefed
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Good health.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Bridget replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for your question! You're speaking with Dr. Bridget. I appreciate your patience as I review your question and prepare my response.

Hi! To clarify your question, you want to know what interactions there are between Aciphex and Rifampin?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
this is the question that I have for you

Thank you for clarifying.

The only interaction between these two medicines is that Rifampin can reduce the levels of Aciphex in your body. The outcome would be Aciphex being less effective.

Do you have any further concerns?

Hi! How is everything going with the Rifampin and Aciphex? I haven't heard back from you since my last reply:)