Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

What is potassium chloride cem and what is it used for? Have…

Customer Question
What is potassium chloride...

What is potassium chloride cem and what is it used for?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Have seen my cardiologist who put me on the potassium chloride cem. I don't fully understand what its use is for.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Had sun stroke several years ago and am now diabetic

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Pharmacy
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/30/2017
Pharmacist: Dr. Sone, Pharm.D. replied 11 months ago
Dr. Sone
Dr. Sone, Pharm.D.
Potassium is used for patients with low potassium levels. Potassium is necessary for healthy muscles and heart function.
often times it is added to water pill to avoid low potassium levels.
Please let me know if have any other questions. Even if done for now, you can still always come back and continue this chat session at no extra charge for 7 days. Please be sure to kindly rate my answer (Hopefully 5 stars!!). Take care.
Be sure to avoid potassium salts while taking this to avoid over dose. Let me know if have any other questions.