Doctor Matmon
Doctor Matmon, Pharmacist
Experience:  Clinical Pharmacist
99225884

Can mixing Trazadone and Remeron be fatal? Trouble sleeping

Customer Question

Can mixing Trazadone and Remeron be fatal?
JA: How is your mood? Are you experiencing regular sleep disturbances (e.g. trouble falling asleep, waking up early)?
Customer: Trouble sleeping and very anxious
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: I take Trazadone at bedtime, but wake up half way through the night. Now my doctor prescribed Remeron.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: Battling Depression
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Doctor Matmon replied 3 months ago.

Hi! Welcome to the site! My name is***** of Pharmacy. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you. I'm researching your question to reply with the most up-to-date information. I'll be back momentarily.

Caution is advised when using Remeron and Trazodone together.

Are you able to take the trazodone during the day?

What is the dose of each medication? How were they prescribed (once daily, twice daily, etc)?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Trazadone 50 mg at bedtime
And Remeron 30mg at bedtime

Trazadone is commonly prescribed to treat insomnia (difficulty sleeping) and depression. Remeron is used to treat depression as well.

When taking the two medications together have you experienced any of the following symptoms:

Agitation or restlessness.

Confusion.

Rapid heart rate and high blood pressure.

Dilated pupils.

Loss of muscle coordination or twitching muscles.

Muscle rigidity.

Heavy sweating.

Diarrhea.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I've not yet taken them together. I just picked up my prescriptions.

I understand. These two medications are commonly prescribed together. For your knowledge, just be on the look out for any of the above symptoms. Otherwise, the two medications can be used together safely.

Do you have any further questions for me?

If you need any further assistance, just ask for me directly. Here's my website: https://www.justanswer.com/pharmacy/expert-doctormatmonh/?rpt=3800

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any further questions, I would love to assist you further! If you are satisfied with my help, please consider a rating at this time.

Can I help you with anything else?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What about also taking Vicodin?

Great question.

I would caution the use of ALL of these medications at the same time. Simply because they all have the potential to make you drowsy. Which, if you're having sleeping trouble, may sound like a benefit. But it could be dangerous if you become too sedated.

If you can space the pain medications about 1 hour or so away from the others to ensure they are not all fighting for the same attention. :-)

Any other questions?