Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience:  Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.
89476429

I was just wondering if a pharmists thinks your abusing a

Customer Question

I was just wondering if a pharmists thinks your abusing a medication can they get you in trouble? Ive been using tramadol 2 times a day no other medications and I'm not allergic to anything
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Bridget replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for your question! You're speaking with Dr. Bridget. I appreciate your patience as I review your question and prepare my response.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That's alright. I just had a pharmists tell me he can't give me my medication and looked at me like I was some drug addict. But I don't want him notifying someone and causing me to have issues with my prescription from my doctor

Hi there! A pharmacist has a responsibility to notify your physician if you are showing signs of prescription abuse. If you are doctor shopping, either your physician or pharmacist can report it to law enforcement.

Using Tramadol twice a day as prescribed by your physician would not constitute drug abuse. Signs of drug abuse would be trying to get your prescription filled too early, submitting a fake prescription, or presenting prescriptions for controlled substances from different doctors.

Do you have any further questions or discussion? I am happy to help:)

Dr. Bridget

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No it's ok I would just like an answer

Did you see my last post? I can re-send if you did not:)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok maybe it was because I went to get my script to early. I just don't want to get in trouble when I've done nothing wrong

That is possibly a reason why the pharmacist was skeptical, but you will not get in trouble for that. The only way you would get in trouble is if you were successful in getting multiple scripts for Tramadol filled within a short period of time or you presented a fake script. Otherwise, there is nothing to prosecute. No worries:)

Hi! Just checking in to see how things are going with your tramadol prescription. Haven't heard back from you since my last response:)
Regards, *****