Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

On advice of neurologist, I bought acetyl-dl-leucine online.

When trying to restock, product...
On advice of neurologist, I bought acetyl-dl-leucine online. When trying to restock, product had disappeared. How can I buy more, 100-500 grams?
5/31/2017
Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience: Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.

Thanks for your question! You're speaking with Dr. Bridget. I appreciate your patience as I review your question and prepare my response.

Hi Paul!

Here are some sites that sell acetyl-dl-leucine:

http://store.p212121.com/Acetyl-DL-leucine/

https://www.grainger.com/product/SPECTRUM-N-Acetyl-DL-Leucine-26WE42

http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/product/sigma/l7875?lang=en&region=US

I am here for any further questions:)

Dr. Bridget

Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks! 2 more quick (?) questions: 1) is acetyl-dl-leucine identical to L leucine or to supplement called leucine?
2) In experiments with ataxia patients @ 5 grams per day, how were doses administered?--e.g., one 5-gram dose in a.m. or p.m., 2 divided doses/day or...?

You are welcome!

1) They are different...very similar, but with a small difference in their structure.

2) 5 grams per day for ataxia is in divided doses: 1500 mg with breakfast, 1500 mg with lunch and 2000 mg with dinner.