Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience:  Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.
89476429

Private and a embarrassing question too! Anyways my husband

Hello, private and a embarrassing question too! Anyways my husband came home with body lice known as crabs. I didn't know of this till Sunday after he finally admitted to have them he was using the excuse as to feeling little bugs crawling all over his skin. He has felt that way in the past but this time it was different he was shaving his private parts every day & he use to but like 2 days or less in a week. Anyways he said it's been more then 2 weeks since his had them. He was out of town working would be gone for 3 to 4 days in a week. He would stay at the hotel but his worked in the same type of business in the past and stay away longer and at the hotels too. Never had this happen before. No he is stating that he got them from the hotel room he was staying at or the portables on location where he works. But it's weird because my husband always cleans the toilet from top to bottom and the showers as well on the day he arrives because of germs being dirty not clean enough and because of athletic feet over all he is pretty clean about that safety first. He said he could have gone to a public restroom at a restaurant, store or a bar and he got infested with these bugs? But I don't believe that because I've read up and I've heard and I believe that it's very rair to get them that way. It's known that you get crabs by sex and I truly believe that's the #1 way to get infested with this parasites? I need answer because I need to get to bottom of this and prove him wrong!
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?
Customer: Yes ma'am it is, my health overall?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No not mind I'm not the one that has them my husband did. I didn't get them at all just him

Thanks for your question! You're speaking with Dr. Bridget. I appreciate your patience as I review your question and prepare my response.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** time I just need. Thank you again

Hi there!

Pubic lice (AKA crabs) are very easily spread during sex. Sometimes they are spread through other kinds of close physical contact. Very rarely, they are spread from contact with infected bedding, clothing, and upholstered furniture. A common misconception is that pubic lice are spread easily by sitting on a toilet seat. This would be extremely rare because lice cannot live long away from a warm human body and they do not have feet designed to hold onto or walk on smooth surfaces such as toilet seats.

Do you have further questions? I am happy to help:)

Dr. Bridget

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I knew this already, but I needed more advice from a professional. I'm not a certified nurse but I've done home health care for over 15 years and I've learned a lot with in those years I've care for cancer patients and others who need extra carring not only because of there age. A mother of 5 so I know more then what it seems I know. But that is it, thank you so much. God Bless and again Thank you
Sincerely, *****

You are welcome! You are absolutely correct...crabs are spread through sex and not toilet seats.

Please feel free to reply here if you think of anything else. I will be happy to assist you:)

Best wishes,

Dr. Bridget

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you so much for your help, we both knew how they are spread but he was and still denying it. Again thank you so much Dr. Bridget
God Bless
***** *****

Very happy I could help:)

God's blessings to you, too.

Dr. Bridget