Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

If a person took one 10 mg adderall xr a day for 3 days

Customer Question
would it show up in...
If a person took one 10 mg adderall xr a day for 3 days would it show up in a hair drug test ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pharmacy
3/21/2017
Pharmacist: Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist replied 1 year ago
Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience: Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.

Thanks for your question! You're speaking with Dr. Bridget. I appreciate your patience as I review your question and prepare my response.

Thank you for waiting while I researched this for you.

Adderall XR use for 3 days can show up in a hair test as soon as a week after use and will remain in hair for at least 90 days.

Do you have any further questions? I am happy to help:)

Dr. Bridget

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is that amount large enough to show up? If a person cut their hair after a period of time would it help?

Yes, that amount will show up. The test is sensitive to pick up even one time use.

The drug gets into the hair follicle. The follicle will pass the drug onto hair starting about a week after first use and continue for about 90 days. Your hair grows about 1.5 inches in 90 days, so only that portion of hair would be affected. So you could possibly cut your hair to beat the test. If you had to shave your head, they will likely use body hair instead.

I am here for anything further:)

Hi there! Just checking in to see how things are going with the hair drug test?