How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ryan Kuhn Your Own Question
Ryan Kuhn
Ryan Kuhn, Pharmacist
Category: Pharmacy
Satisfied Customers: 15
Experience:  Clinical Pharmacist Specialist
Type Your Pharmacy Question Here...
Ryan Kuhn is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I fear I have adult adhd. I had previously mentioned it to

Customer Question

Hi. I fear I have adult adhd. I had previously mentioned it to my doc, she wanted to put me on medicine and I declined. However, due to the demands of my job increasing I find my work suffering drastically. The doctor I confided in is no longer at our small town clinic. Due to my work, I am not comfortable with the clinic in town and my confidentiality. This is embarrassing for me to admit, and not something I need to spread in a small town. Can I do any online consulting? Testing? Appointments?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Ryan Kuhn replied 10 months ago.
Hi there. It is completely understandable that you might feel uncomfortable talking about something difficult like this to someone in your small town. ADHD is diagnosed by the DSM V criteria (please search for that if interested). Trusting your behavioral health specialist is the most important part. There are some online specialists, but I would recommend seeing someone in person (even if you have to drive out of town) -- a trained and trustworthy counselor will best be able to meet All of your needs. Please rate my answer if possible and let me know if your have other questions.