Pharmacy

Pharmacy Questions? Ask a Pharmacist Online.

Pharmacy

This morning I accidentally took a paroxetine (Paxil) 25

Customer Question
Hello, this morning I accidentally...
Hello, this morning I accidentally took a paroxetine (Paxil) 25 extended release. This is a medication I've been taking but I was supposed to take a Zoloft 100mg. Would it be okay just for today to take both?
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: No. I've been taking paraoxetene.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pharmacy
11/7/2016
Pharmacist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

No, this is definitely not ok

you can't take both

it is a risk of serotonin syndrome. A life threatening condition where you have too much serotonin in the body

wait until tomorrow.

you might need zoloft tomorrow anyways (election day :))

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Thanks for this question.

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)

If you have more questions, just reply.

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor