Ryan Kuhn
Ryan Kuhn, Pharmacist
Experience:  Clinical Pharmacist Specialist
94950539

I have been taking 1 capsule of the anti biotic doxycycline

Customer Question

I have been taking 1 capsule of the anti biotic doxycycline mono 100mg cap for the last 3 days and I just realised I was supposed to be taking 2 capsules a day, should I carry on with one a day for 10 days or should I starry taking 2 tomorrow?
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Ryan Kuhn replied 8 months ago.
Hi there. Doxycycline can actually be given at a dose of 100mg once daily for many infections. So it's alright that you've been taking it once daily for the last couple days. However, since your provider evaluated you and ordered you to take 100mg twice daily, I would recommend that you start taking the prescribed dose for the duration of the treatment course. Please let me know if you have any other questions and kindly rate me 5 stars if you're satisfied. Thank you.
Please kindly rate my answer as soon as you can. Thank you.