Pharmacy

Pharmacy Questions? Ask a Pharmacist Online.

Pharmacy

I spoke with Dr yesterday to help me find an equivalent drug

Customer Question
I spoke with Dr David...
I spoke with Dr David yesterday to help me find an equivalent drug in Spain for a drug I take in the US, as I am moving to Spain. He gave me an incomplete link the drug: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/p… This link does not work, here are the
please provide complete LINK !!other results from yesterday: it is called oxycodone (OxyNorm)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/p…
read the article
Norco contains hydrocodone and acetaminophen.
you may be able to find oxycodone which is very similar to hydrocodone in Spain
oxicodona (Spanish) is oxycodone.
you may do well with tylenol with codeine which may even be over the counter in Spain.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pharmacy
10/20/2016
Pharmacist: Dr. C. Rollins, Pharm. D. replied 1 year ago
Dr. C. Rollins
Dr. C. Rollins, Pharm. D.

Hi I can assist you with your question. What is the current medication you are taking?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Brand Name Norco: I0 - 325 mg - I do NOT take any type of generic substitute
Below was Dr David's answer: please confirm it is correct!!it is called oxycodone (OxyNorm)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/p…
read the article
oxicodona (Spanish) is oxycodone.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I need you to confirm the Link Dr David sent me. I need to give this information to my doctor in the US so he can write a subscription for my new doctor in Spain

I can say that Oxycodone and Hydrocodone while both pain medications they are not the same medication. I will do some research and will get back to you shortly. Thanks for the information.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will wait for your answer - per Web sites neither Oxycodone or Hydrocodone are available in Spain, per my research yesterday
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
please leave answer as I need to step away from computer

I will do by the end of the day. Thanks for your patients.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
have you found an answer yet?

I sent out several emails to drug manufacturers to see what products they have available in Spain I'm waiting on a reply from a few more. I do believe Teva will have a product but I want to make sure. I will let you know when I get their reply. Sorry for your wait.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Dr Rollins, have you found an answer yet????? this is a day later and need an answer in the next 15 mins, before my doctor appointment thank you

I am sorry for the delay. I worked on this question for over 2 hours yesterday. I sent emails to several pharmaceutical manufacturers that distribute to Spain. Some have returned my email letting me know they do not have products containing hydrocodone distributed in Spain. I am hopeful that Teva will get back to me as I do believe they will have a medication to help you.

Dr. C. Rollins
Dr. C. Rollins
Dr. C. Rollins, Pharm. D.