Dr Mike, PharmD
Dr Mike, PharmD, Pharmacist
Experience:  Doctor of Pharmacy, 20+ yrs experience, trained at the University of Iowa
38494804

I have microcytic colitis. How does it take for apriso to

Customer Question

I have microcytic colitis. How long does it take for apriso to work
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes and melatonin ar night and tylenol daily for arthitis
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Tylenol exrented 2 times a day. MELATONIN at night. No allergies
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am healthy no other medical pribkems
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr Mike, PharmD replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for your question on JustAnswer. I'm DrMike, a pharmacist with over 20 yrs experience, and I'm glad to be able to assist you!

Although Apriso is a relatively new formulation, this family of medications is relatively well studied. Apriso reaches its highest blood concentration in about 4 hours, and it takes about a week for it to stabilize and reach peak levels in the body.

If this medication is going to work for you, it should show a significant improvement in your symptoms between one to two weeks of therapy.

(Note that in a very few patients, it can cause a worsening of symptoms and this will show almost right away. Should this occur, discontinue the medication and ofcourse contact your prescriber).

I hope this addresses your concerns, and I hope you do see significant improvement. If you need further clarification, please do ask. If this reponse meets your needs, please Accept and Rate (this allows me to judge and improve upon my services).

I wish you all of the best! -DrMike