How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. C. Rollins Your Own Question
Dr. C. Rollins
Dr. C. Rollins, Pharm. D.
Category: Pharmacy
Satisfied Customers: 777
Experience:  Knowledge in hormone replacement therapy, pediatrics, compounding, long term care, retail, hospice, etc.
Type Your Pharmacy Question Here...
Dr. C. Rollins is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a cut inside my nose that won't go away for the last

Customer Question

I have a cut inside my nose that won't go away for the last 5 months.. A message board suggested mupirocin, so was trying to find a OTC substitute
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?
Customer: Since January.. I was in Banff Canada over xmas.... Very cold and dry conditions. It heals and comes back longer and deeper. Can breathe fine, just hurts like the worst kind of paper cut
JA: Is there anything else the Pharmacist should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pharmacist about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. C. Rollins replied 1 year ago.

The best OTC equivalent is polysporin ointment. Hopefully this fully answers your question. Once satisfied please rate my answer. Thanks.