Pharmacy

Pharmacy Questions? Ask a Pharmacist Online.

Pharmacy

I have been congested for several days due to spring

Customer Question
allergies so I took 2...
I have been congested for several days due to spring allergies so I took 2 Benadryl. I also had a very sore neck and suffer from back and neck pain so I took what I though were 2 Aleve but I just realized they were 2 Tylenol PM. I look for a blue pill and that is what I saw. Am I an danger of an overdose or am I just going to sleep really well tonight. I am a male, 30 years old, 5ft3 and weight 130.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pharmacy
5/22/2016
Pharmacist: Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist replied 1 year ago
Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience: Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.

Hi! Thanks for choosing Just Answer. I'm Dr. Bridget. Thanks for your patience while I read through your question. You'd like to know if your safe since taking 2 Tylenol PM after taking 2 Benadryl.

You are in no danger at all. The 2 Tylenol PM are not a problem if you have already taken Benadryl.

You should sleep great! It is safe to take up to 300 mg/day of Benadryl (diphenhydramine).

Please feel free to ask further questions if you have them. I am happy to help:)

Hi! How did things go with the Tylenol PM/Benadryl combination?

Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist