Pharmacy

Pharmacy Questions? Ask a Pharmacist Online.

Pharmacy

Was taking prevacid 30 mg in the morning and 300 mg

Customer Question
Rantidine at night for acid...
was taking prevacid 30 mg in the morning and 300 mg Rantidine at night for acid reflux. new studies now say PPIs can cause heart disease? I am going to try to just take the Rantidine twice a day. do you think 300 twice a day is to much or should I take 300 mg in the morning and 150mg at night. can I take Tylenol with the Rantidine and not worry about my liver
JA: The Pharmacist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Pharmacist should be aware of? It's hard to know for sure. The Pharmacist will figure it out.
Customer: not really. I read where 150 mg of rantidine is recommended twice a day for acid reflux however I my stomach gets a lot of acid. I concerned that going off of 30 mg Prevacid and 300 mg Rantidine wont be enough to just take 150 mg rantidine twice a day?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pharmacist about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pharmacy
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/12/2016
Pharmacist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

max dose is 150 mg BID

I wouldn't exceed that

Thanks for this question
please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it :)

if you have more questions, just reply

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor