How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Drugdad Your Own Question
Drugdad, Pharmacist
Category: Pharmacy
Satisfied Customers: 1727
Experience:  I have a doctor of pharmacy degree with experience in both retail and hospital. I will be happy to share this knowledge with you
Type Your Pharmacy Question Here...
Drugdad is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am having severe anxiety. Is there a doctor who can help

Customer Question

I am having severe anxiety. Is there a doctor who can help me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Drugdad replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for the question. Are you on any anxiety medications right now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But my psychiatrist hasn't answered her phone in a week. I'm almost out of my cymbalta which she was tapering me off of and the plan is to switch to something else. I am suffering.
Expert:  Drugdad replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to hear that. Usually, when switching from drugs like cymbalta to other drugs in similar class. Cymbalta would be tapered off to avoid having too much serotonin in your system. Since you have already started the tapering off, talk to your doctor about giving you anxiety medication to take edge off.