How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Bridget Your Own Question
Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Category: Pharmacy
Satisfied Customers: 1057
Experience:  Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.
Type Your Pharmacy Question Here...
Dr. Bridget is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was trying to get some more mupirocin 2% ointment and the

Customer Question

I was trying to get some more mupirocin 2% ointment and the ER dr said I would have to go to my primary dr. Is there another ointment I can buy
JA: OK. The Pharmacist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Pharmacist can help you best.
Customer: I was wondering if there was a OTC substitute I can buy. I had an allergic reaction Saturday and it seems to have cleared up about 75%. I need just a little more to finish clearing it up
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Pharmacist should know?
Customer: The reaction was under my belly and around my groin area
JA: Our top Pharmacist is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Pharmacist in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Pharmacist until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Bridget replied 1 year ago.

Hi! I am Dr. Bridget and I will be assisting you today. There are a couple of over-the-counter creams/ointments that will work great for an allergic reaction on the skin. Benadryl (diphenydramine) and Cortisone (hydrocortisone) are both available at your local drug store/grocery store and will work on symptoms of redness, itching, infllammation, and hives.

Expert:  Dr. Bridget replied 1 year ago.

You can use these creams together per the package instructions for maximum rash relief. If you have any breaks in the skin that could become infected, consider also using Neosporin ointment per package instructions.

Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions.

If done for now, please take a moment to rate my service using the star scale above the chat box. Thank you!

Expert:  Dr. Bridget replied 1 year ago.

Hi! Just checking in to see how the allergic reaction on your skin is clearing up. Did you try the Cortisone and Benadryl creams?

Please don't forget to leave a positive rating on the star scale so I get credit for helping you. Thanks!