Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

I have a UTI and need a prescription

Customer Question
I have a UTI and need a prescription
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pharmacy
3/1/2016
Pharmacist: Dr. Josh, Pharm.D. replied 2 years ago
Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Pharm.D.

Hi there,

I am sorry, but we don't provide prescriptions. However, I can recommend some OTC meds that can help you with the UTI

Dr. Riaz, Doctor of Pharmacy

Would you like more info on those options?

Please take Azo or Uristat Generic name (active ingredient) needs to be Phenazopyridine

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/urinary-tract-infection-treatments/ID=361459-tier3

It will help with your UTI symptoms like burning and urgency. Drink cranberry juice. If don't feel better in a day or two, then see a doc for a prescription from MD to get an antibiotic to fully get rid of the infection. You can also try local CVS as they have walk in clinics to prescribe.

And if unable to visit doctor office, try googling fir websites for online MDs who can also call in a prescription to your local pharmacy.

Hope this helps and hope you feel better soon :)

Please kindly rate my response at your convenience so I can get a credit for helping :)