Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

I have run out of naltrexone which was prescribed for me in…

Customer Question
I have run out of...
I have run out of naltrexone which was prescribed for me in rehab, but I can't get any more refils because I live out of state. Can I get a prescription at this site?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pharmacy
2/29/2016
Pharmacist: Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience: Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.

Hi Susan...sorry to disappoint, but a prescription for naltrexone cannot be obtained legally on the internet.

Pharmacist: William Pflugfelder, Pharmacist replied 2 years ago
William Pflugfelder

Hi Susan. Your best bet is to contact a compounding pharmacy in the state where you currently reside. Most compounding pharmacies compound naltrexone capsules and are aware of local prescriber's who would be happy to see you. Let me know what state you moved to as I might be able to help further. Hope helpful. DrBillRPh