Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

I have finger nail fungus. Have taken artificial nails off…

Customer Question
I have finger nail fungus...
I have finger nail fungus. Have taken artificial nails off but they are not getting better and a couple of them have pus coming out from underneath. HELP
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pharmacy
2/28/2016
Pharmacist: Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience: Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.

Hi Beth,

Try soaking your finger in a 50% warm water 50% antibacterial soap solution for 15 minutes four times a day. Continue this treatment until the puss resolves. If you have redness that has extended beyond the area just around the nail bed, you should see a doctor for treatment. Please continue to reply with follow-up questions/comments. Thanks!

Hi Beth...how are your fingernails? Getting any better with the soaking method I recommended?

Still
Red but no pain

Glad to hear it!

Please take a moment to provide a rating (hopefully 5 stars). You can continue to reply with any follow-up questions/comments. Thanks:)

Hi Beth,

Just checking in to see if the soaks have cleared up your nails yet. They should be looking much better by now.

Hopefully, I was able to satisfy your question. Please let me know by providing a positive rating:) Thank you!!

Hi Beth,

They are hetter

Thanks for your reply. That is great news! Glad that treatment worked...it is very simple yet very effective.

I still have your query as "open" and would love some feedback. Please take a moment to provide a positive rating:) You can continue to reply free of charge after a rating has been provided, so I am still here if you need further help with this issue. Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Beth...just a reminder to please provide a positive rating for my answer (3, 4 or 5 stars). Thanks so much!

Hi Beth...just a reminder to please provide a positive rating for my answer (3, 4 or 5 stars). This is how I get credit for helping you. Thanks so much!