Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

I have a head cold and have to fly today. I'm taking sudafed…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a head cold and have to fly today. I'm taking sudafed but I'm wondering if I could also use Afrin before the flight to make sure my sinuses are clear? Or would be getting too much decongestant?

Doctor's Assistant: The Pharmacist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Pharmacist should be aware of?

Not that I know of.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pharmacy
2/21/2016
Pharmacist: Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience: Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.

Hi! Thanks for your patience. Yes, you can use Afrin before the flight while taking Sudafed. These medicines work in a very similar way, so adding the Afrin in as a one time dose will give you the boost in decongestion that you need for the flight. Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions. Thanks!

Hi! How did the Afrin work out for you?

Please don't forget to leave a positive rating:) Thank you!

Hi! Just checking in to see how the Afrin worked out for you? Were you cleared out for the flight?