Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience:  Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.
89476429

I have a head cold and have to fly today. I'm taking sudafed

Customer Question

Hi, I have a head cold and have to fly today. I'm taking sudafed but I'm wondering if I could also use Afrin before the flight to make sure my sinuses are clear? Or would be getting too much decongestant?
JA: The Pharmacist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Pharmacist should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I know of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pharmacist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Bridget replied 1 year ago.

Hi! Thanks for your patience. Yes, you can use Afrin before the flight while taking Sudafed. These medicines work in a very similar way, so adding the Afrin in as a one time dose will give you the boost in decongestion that you need for the flight. Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions. Thanks!

Hi! How did the Afrin work out for you?

Please don't forget to leave a positive rating:) Thank you!

Hi! Just checking in to see how the Afrin worked out for you? Were you cleared out for the flight?