Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

Is levofloxacin 500mg same as Doxycyline 100 mg, well i have…

Customer Question
Is levofloxacin 500mg...

Is levofloxacin 500mg same as Doxycyline 100 mg

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Well i have this sinus bacterial infection bad the Docter priscribed me doxycyline100 mg where as i have this Levo floxacin 500mg priscribed by my allergist earlier so i dont want to over load myself with medication please help me withthat

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pharmacy
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/3/2016
Pharmacist: Dr.Amita, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor (MD)

Hello

I am Dr.Amita and I would be assisting you with your concerns today.

Your requested expert is not online and after waiting for him to answer I am answering your question.

The two drugs are different but you can use levofloxacin as well for bacterial sinusitis as levofloxacin has good action against bacteria causing bacterial sinusitis.