Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

I suffer from chronic insomnia

Customer Question
I suffer from chronic insomnia
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pharmacy
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/22/2016
Pharmacist: Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience: Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.

Hi Craig...I see you are having problems with insomnia. How may I help?

All of the meds tried get me to sleep, then I'm up pandering around the house for an hour - tired of no, still cant sleep. seroquel wotked well till I had some kind of super nasty tardive reastive. I am NOT a drug seeker, but when I do need help, temazepam and nitrazepam got me to sleep and kept me asleep. Felt wonderfully rested in AM
Did you see the list of meds I've tried before?

Thanks for your reply. I did see the list. Is there a specific question that you have? Wondering what medicine may work best for insomnia in light of what you have already tried?

I don't know what else is available. I'mwelll aware theres reluctance to prescribe scheduled meds, but I'm at wits end this is literally making me old fast. ambiean and the like dont do aything to me, at all

I would be happy to suggest some alternatives to what you have already tried if this would be of interest to you. We cannot prescribe on this site and controlled medications cannot be prescribed anywhere on the internet (legally).