Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

I started taking Parnate today...20 mg...but drank a lot of…

Customer Question
I started taking Parnate...

I started taking Parnate today...20 mg...but drank a lot of red wine tonight, not realizing it was on the list of things not to eat/drink. What should I do now? I have clonidine. Should I take that to counteract the effects of Parnate?

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I've been depressed for years and was on prozac for 20 years Went off prozac five weeks ago to start the MAOI but I am also an alcoholic

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pharmacy
1/19/2016
Pharmacist: Dr. C. Rollins, Pharm. D. replied 2 years ago
Dr. C. Rollins
Dr. C. Rollins, Pharm. D.

Parnate and alcohol can cause increased blood pressure, however it is only if you do this chronically that you will have clinical issues over time. You will be fine just avoid alcohol in the future. Hopefully this fully answers your question. Once satisfied please rate my answer. Thanks.