Dr. C. Rollins
Dr. C. Rollins, Pharm. D.
Experience:  Knowledge in hormone replacement therapy, pediatrics, compounding, long term care, retail, hospice, etc.
74170494

I started taking Parnate today...20 mg...but drank a lot of

Customer Question

Customer: I started taking Parnate today...20 mg...but drank a lot of red wine tonight, not realizing it was on the list of things not to eat/drink. What should I do now? I have clonidine. Should I take that to counteract the effects of Parnate?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I've been depressed for years and was on prozac for 20 years Went off prozac five weeks ago to start the MAOI but I am also an alcoholic
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pharmacists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. C. Rollins replied 1 year ago.

Parnate and alcohol can cause increased blood pressure, however it is only if you do this chronically that you will have clinical issues over time. You will be fine just avoid alcohol in the future. Hopefully this fully answers your question. Once satisfied please rate my answer. Thanks.