Pharmacy

Pharmacy Questions? Ask a Pharmacist Online.

Pharmacy

I need phenzene how can I order it?...been taking it for a

Customer Question
long time to.loose weight....
I need phenzene how can I order it?...been taking it for a long time to.loose weight. I stopped now I need to go back again...thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pharmacy
1/2/2016
Pharmacist: William Pflugfelder, Pharmacist replied 2 years ago
William Pflugfelder

Hi, Dr. Bill RPh. here,

Glad to help you with your question today. I believe you are asking about phenelzine. Phenelzine is

an older drug that is associated with numerous food-drug and drug interactions and a drug that must

also be carefully dosed and monitored. There are many newer drugs that will probably provide better symptom control

with a far smaller risk profile. Your original prescriber is the best source for an Rx for this medication. If you are seeing

a new prescriber then a discussion of available medications to treat you symptoms is a valid approach.

Further questions not a problem.

Hope helpful.

DrBillRPh

Honestly I DID NOT UNDERSTAND ONE WORD OF WHAT U JUST DAID....I WANTED PHENZENE. ..IT'S TO LOOSE WEIGHT ......IT'S U KNOW OTHER ONES..PLEASE FEEL FREE TO TELL ME...IT'S FUE TAKEN PHENZENE BROWN CAPS. ...SO FROM WHAT U SAID TO THIS....THAT I'VE BEEN TAKING FOR A VERY LONG TIME....IT'S FUE ALSO STOPPED IT....NOW WANT TO START AGAIN. ..IT'S FOE NEED TO LOSSE WEIGHT!!...PLEASE TELL ME WHICH ARE THE ONES U THINK ARE BETTER ??
I also have here the empty bottle. ...it says it's PHENZENE 105 MGBROEN/CAPS

Hi, Dr Bill RPh. here again to clarify: The drug phenelzine (Nardil) is a brown tablet uded to treat eating disorders and for other

indications your prescriber may choose to use it to treat. I believe this is the drug you are asking about. It will probably be difficult to find a new prescriber

to write for this medication as there are other safer medications available today. The choice of which of these medications might be employed is unique

to you and your situation. Some brand names that are available generically include: Tenuate, Ioanmin, Fastin, and Bontril.

Hope clarifies.

Dr BillRPh

Hi Dr. Bill RPh.,

Believe your bottle may have an abbreviated drug name on it. If the drug you were taking is Bontril (Phendimetrazine) 105mg

once daily in the morning then you should have no problem asking your prescriber to reorder or a new prescriber to prescribe it

for you.

Hope helpful

Dr BILL RPh

All this I know...all ur telling I know....what can I BUY without an rx that will give me the energy to do things as the phenzene did.....WHY is it so hard to understand what I'm trying to ask!!???!!??All this ur saying. ..I know it all....now that it was not good for us I did not.. and now today I know. ..
BUT NOT BECAUSE OF U...A FRIEND THAT U HAVEN'T SEEN UN A LONG TIME TOLD ME SHE AS TAKING IT AS WELL AND IT DID MAKE HER LOOSE WEIGHT.....BUT THAT NOW SHE SUFFERS FROM HER THYROID... SHE DOESN'T KNOW IF THIS CAUSED IT...SHE ASLO TOLD ME THERE'S IS AN OTC CALLED. ..PHEN35...DON'T KNOW IF U PUT THE EXACT #....DO NOT MEEN TO OFFEND BUT EVERYTHING U HAVE SAID I ALREADY KNEW...I WANTED TO K KNOW IF I COULD GET THIS OR A SIMILAR ONE THAT WOULD DO THE SAME AND IF U KNOW WHICH ONES I COULD GET THAT WOULD GIVE ME THE SIMILAR EFFECTS....AND ALSO IF NECESSARY OTC...PLEASE LET ME KNOW....I NEED TO CONTINUE AND I ABDLSO END THE ENERGY AND BUST IT GAVE ME!!I'VE HAD 2 BACK SURGERY...TAKE.PAIN MEDS AND UNDER PAIN MANAGEMENT. ..BUT I ASKED THE DR AND THE PHARMACIST IF WITH WHAT I TAKE THOSE OR THE PHENZENE WOULD NOT HURT ME...BOTH SAID NO...THAT IT WAS OK!!!NOW U TELL ME THE OPPOSITE....I'M GETTING VERY VERY CONFUSED!!!
William Pflugfelder
William Pflugfelder
William Pflugfelder, Pharmacist