Pharmacy

Pharmacy Questions? Ask a Pharmacist Online.

Pharmacy

Would any of the following prescription medications have

Customer Question
side effects of constricted pupils...
would any of the following prescription medications have side effects of constricted pupils, itchiness, dry skin/rashes or breakouts, excessive chills, or excessive sweating?
Clopidogrel 75 mg
Simvastin 20 mg
Losartan 50 mg
metoprolol tartrate 25 mg
Lisinopril 10 mg
tamsulosin 0.4 mg
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pharmacy
11/25/2015
Pharmacist: Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience: Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.

Hello Cindy and thanks for your question! I reviewed each of the medications you have listed for these side effects and have noted the following:

Clopidogrel-may cause itching and rash

Lisinopril-may cause itching and sweating

Losartan-may cause itching, rash, and sweating

Metoprolol-may cause itching, rash, and sweating

Simvastatin-may cause itching, rash and chills

Tamsulosin-may cause itching and rash

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions. I will be happy to respond!

Thanks,

Dr. Bridget, PharmD, CGP

Hi Cindy,

I just wanted to check in to see how things are going with the possible medication adverse reactions you asked me about. Were you able to narrow it down to which medication you think is causing the problems? If the information I provided was helpful, please let me know or provide a positive rating!

Thanks,

Dr. Bridget, PharmD,CGP

Hi Cindy,

I just wanted to see how everything is going with the possible medication side effects. Did you figure out which medication might be causing all those symptoms? It looks like Losartan or Metoprolol would be the most likely culprits. I am interested in knowing the outcome:)

Thanks,

Dr.Bridget,PharmD,CGP

Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist