Pharmacy

Pharmacy Questions? Ask a Pharmacist Online.

Pharmacy

Had a large staph infection under my chin that went up along

Customer Question
my jaw up to my...
Had a large staph infection under my chin that went up along my jaw up to my ear. Over time forms a hard cyst that is painful and causes my ears to ring. Have been using bactroban for over ten years. Infection has gone down but only if I pierce it and let it drain. Any thoughts
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pharmacy
11/10/2015
Pharmacist: Drugdad, Pharmacist replied 2 years ago
Drugdad
Drugdad, Pharmacist

Hi Howard, thanks for the question. Since this is staph infection, you need to work closely with your doctor on which antibiotics to use. If the infection is internal, you will need oral or injection antibiotics. Since staph is known to develop resistance, your doctor will prescribe an antibiotic that is effective.

Thanks. That is what I am doing. Just wanted confirmation that I was on the right path

Yes , that is the best to thing.

Drugdad
Drugdad
Drugdad, Pharmacist