How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Drugdad Your Own Question
Drugdad, Pharmacist
Category: Pharmacy
Satisfied Customers: 1727
Experience:  I have a doctor of pharmacy degree with experience in both retail and hospital. I will be happy to share this knowledge with you
Type Your Pharmacy Question Here...
Drugdad is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Had a large staph infection under my chin that went up along

Customer Question

Had a large staph infection under my chin that went up along my jaw up to my ear. Over time forms a hard cyst that is painful and causes my ears to ring. Have been using bactroban for over ten years. Infection has gone down but only if I pierce it and let it drain. Any thoughts
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Drugdad replied 1 year ago.

Hi Howard, thanks for the question. Since this is staph infection, you need to work closely with your doctor on which antibiotics to use. If the infection is internal, you will need oral or injection antibiotics. Since staph is known to develop resistance, your doctor will prescribe an antibiotic that is effective.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. That is what I am doing. Just wanted confirmation that I was on the right path
Expert:  Drugdad replied 1 year ago.

Yes , that is the best to thing.

Related Pharmacy Questions