How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Drugdad Your Own Question
Drugdad, Pharmacist
Category: Pharmacy
Satisfied Customers: 1727
Experience:  I have a doctor of pharmacy degree with experience in both retail and hospital. I will be happy to share this knowledge with you
Type Your Pharmacy Question Here...
Drugdad is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have chronic back & leg pain, stabbing, heat & numbness

Customer Question

I have chronic back & leg pain, Sharon stabbing, heat & numbness from my back down to my foot. Can u help me with pain medication ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Drugdad replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for the question. Based on your description, you will need a strong pain medication. Those drugs require prescription from your doctor. In the mean time, you can try some over the counter remedies for the pain till you see your doctor.

The first I would recommend is Ibuprofen and since you stated that the pain goes from your back to foot, it could be a nerve related issue so you can also apply Capsaicin.

When you talk to your doctor, it might be a good idea to ask for nerve pain medication like Lyrica.