How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. C. Rollins Your Own Question
Dr. C. Rollins
Dr. C. Rollins, Pharm. D.
Category: Pharmacy
Satisfied Customers: 778
Experience:  Knowledge in hormone replacement therapy, pediatrics, compounding, long term care, retail, hospice, etc.
Type Your Pharmacy Question Here...
Dr. C. Rollins is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I broke my back years ago and do not prefer opiates. I am

Customer Question

I broke my back years ago and do not prefer opiates. I am looking into subutex or som close
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. C. Rollins replied 1 year ago.

You will need to ask your physician for the Butrans patch as this is what is used now instead of Subutex. Hopefully this fully answers your question. Once satisfied please rate my answer. Thanks.

Expert:  Dr. Bridget replied 1 year ago.

Hi! Another option is Nucynta (tapentadol). It has some effect at the mu-opiate receptor (18 times less potent than morphine at opioid receptors), however, it has an additional mechanism of inhibiting norepinephrine uptake that make it a novel agent in treating moderate to severe chronic pain. This may be a great option for you if you are looking for effective pain control with a lower risk of opioid side effects.. If you have additional question, please let me know-I will be happy to respond. If my answer has helped you solve your problem, please take a moment to let me know by using the rating scale.



Expert:  Dr. C. Rollins replied 1 year ago.

I was checking to see how everything was going with your question. Thanks.