Pharmacy

Pharmacy Questions? Ask a Pharmacist Online.

Pharmacy

I have a small (20) prescription from my dentist for xodol.

Customer Question
I have RA so have...
I have a small (20) prescription from my dentist for xodol. I have RA so have a regular script for norco 7.5/-- basically 120 lasts me 1-3 months this is from my GP. My question is with all the new laws can I still fill this dentist script, or will this be illegal, or cause me trouble in the future with my maintenance script. I live in Illinois.
Thank you
Red
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pharmacy
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/16/2015
Pharmacist: Drugdad, Pharmacist replied 2 years ago
Drugdad
Drugdad, Pharmacist

Hi, thanks for the question. No, you would not have a problem in the future with your maintenance drug if you fill the Xodol from your dentist. Though both drugs have the same ingredients their strengths are different. From the law perspective, if this is your first time filling the Xodol, you don't have a problem but if the pattern continue then you will have a problem. If you are paying by insurance, double check with your insurance to see if the would cover both drugs.

Thank you.

You are welcome

Drugdad
Drugdad
Drugdad, Pharmacist