Pharmacy

Pharmacy Questions? Ask a Pharmacist Online.

Pharmacy

Drugdad, I'm taking Effexor XR 150mg and Coulgout 500mg and

Customer Question
Hi Drugdad, I'm taking Effexor...
Hi Drugdad, I'm taking Effexor XR 150mg and Coulgout 500mg and I am insulin resistant. I am trying to lose weight and having great difficulties. I eat well and exercise 5-6 times a week. Recently I have been given Real Dose Weight loss formula 1. There are natural ingredients I am not aware of and scared to take it, due to the side effects? Could you please shed any light on this please? Thank you Marianne
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pharmacy
8/20/2015
Pharmacist: Drugdad, Pharmacist replied 2 years ago
Drugdad
Drugdad, Pharmacist

Hi Marianne, thanks for the question. You did mention that you are insulin resistant, are you diabetic? Apart from Effexor and Coulgout, are you taking any other medications?

I found this article about a clinical trial that was done with the two main ingredients on RealDose formula 1 ( Dolichos biflorus and Piper betle extracts )

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3551693/

While the results are promising, there are still lots of things that can go wrong. One of those issue is the quality of the pills. Since herbal products are not subjected to strict FDA or regulatory manufacturing oversight, the might not be guaranteed.

Drugdad
Drugdad
Drugdad, Pharmacist