Drugdad
Drugdad, Pharmacist
Experience:  I have a doctor of pharmacy degree with experience in both retail and hospital. I will be happy to share this knowledge with you
66334938

I have left my final doses for my prescription at my

Customer Question

I have left my final doses for my prescription at my vacation hotel. They are oxy 10mg slow release, soma and gabapentin for nerve pain. They refill on Saturday but my apothecary pharmacy said I could pick up on Friday as they are closed on Saturday. Is it against my insurance rules or pharmacy requirements to ask to get them filled today? They are due on the 1st but like I said they were filling them Friday on the 31st. I am worried to not take my doses on time. I am 61 and retired military so on tri care. Thank you
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Drugdad replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thanks for the question. It is fine to pick up the medications. As long as long as your insurance accepts the claim from the pharmacy, you are good. If the reject it for been too soon, it will show when it will go through. So if your pharmacist said it will go through friday, you are good.