Drugdad
Drugdad, Pharmacist
Experience:  I have a doctor of pharmacy degree with experience in both retail and hospital. I will be happy to share this knowledge with you
66334938

I would like to know about the drug Forteo. I have had 6

Customer Question

I would like to know about the drug Forteo. I have had 6 injections and feel awful
My questions are: can this drug make you feel like you have the flu and can you stop doing the injections after you have started .
Thant you
Susanne Warren
[email protected] gmail.com
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Drugdad replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thanks for the question. Yes the most common side effects with Forteo is arthralgia, cramp, pain and nausea. This can feel like flu.
Yes, once you start it, it can be stopped. One important thing to mention is, because you are only allowed to be this drug in your lifetime for 2 years. Your doctor might be reluctant to stop it. If the side effects are affecting the quality of your life, talk to your doctor about stopping the drug.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you stop the drug to see if these symptoms are related to Forteo and then start the injections again
Expert:  Drugdad replied 2 years ago.
It is usually not done like that. If the side effects after burdensome then your doctor will discontinue the drug.