Drugdad
Drugdad, Pharmacist
Experience:  I have a doctor of pharmacy degree with experience in both retail and hospital. I will be happy to share this knowledge with you
66334938

Is this medicine Leflox from the penicillin family: Person

Customer Question

Is this medicine Leflox from the penicillin family : https://www.aci-bd.com/Brand/Leflox.pdf Person who is a heart patient has hypertension and has a cough keeping him up all night. Can they take above ?
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Sherwin Kashani replied 2 years ago.

No Levoflox is a quinolone antibiotic not a penicillin. I am assuming you are asking as the patient is allergic to penicillin.

As the antibiotic is not related to penicillin should be OK to take however if the patient has never taken a quinolone best to monitor for signs of a reaction i.e. rash, swelling to rule out quinolone sensitivity.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Patient has been asked to take Prednisone (deltacotril). What are side effects of this ?

Prednisolone has many side effects and the extent of these depends of the dose and duration of treatment. I can outline the common side effects for you if this helps.

1. Increase risk of infection

2. Swelling

3. Increase BP

4. Increase Blood Sugar

5. Weight gain

6. Increase appetite

7. Psychiatric symptoms

8. Delayed wound healing

9. Reflux