Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

I was prescribed Ativan for my anxiety and have been also…

Customer Question
Hello I was prescribed Ativan...
Hello I was prescribed Ativan for my anxiety and have been also prescribed hydrocodone 5mg for my scoliosis spinal fusion back pain. This morning I took my anxiety Ativan 1.5mg and then one hour ago took one hydrocodone to help relieve my back pain. I don't know if I should have taken both the same day or if I should seek medical help. Please help.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Pharmacy
5/22/2015
Pharmacist: Drugdad, Pharmacist replied 3 years ago
Drugdad
Drugdad, Pharmacist

Hi, thanks for the question. It is safe to take alprazolam and hydrocodone together. The most important thing when the two drugs are combined is that the total dose not be high because the side effects of both drugs are additives. Meaning, when combined, it might lead to overdose.

If you been taking the two doses before, you should be fine.
What is a high dose? I'm really worried right now. Should I go to ER?
The dose you are taking it is not that high. High doses for alprazolam can be double what you are taking now.